Welcome to the Paralegal Division
Division News & Notes
- 2014 Scholarship Applications/Information | Click here to obtain a copy of a scholarship forms and for more information.
- 2013-14 Committee Sign-up Form | Click here to download.
- Paralegal Division wins President's Membership Challenge
- Law Related Education Program (LRE-NCBA) | Click here to view the photo gallery.
- Distinguished Paralegal | Kaye Summers of Pulley Watson in Durham was honored recently as the 2013 recipient of the Distinguished Paralegal Award. The award, given annually by the NCBA's Paralegal Division, was presented in conjunction with the division's 15th annual meeting at the Grandover Resort in Greensboro. View all Paralegal Division annual meeting photos on Facebook.
Our goal is for the Paralegal Division website to be a useful tool for paralegals in performing daily tasks and research. In order to accomplish this goal, we invite you to explore this part of the NCBA Web site and provide us with your comments.
Since it began in the 1960s, the paralegal profession has evolved into much more than a step to law school. Paralegals continue to assume a more comprehensive role in providing legal services to clients by performing a wide range of tasks that contribute to cost-effective, high-quality legal services for clients. The professional relationship between an attorney and a paralegal can be an asset to a law firm of any size.
The division, with currently 1612
members, sponsors CPE/CLE programs and services; provides members
with a substantive newsletter; and helps mold the association's
legislative agenda for presentation to the N.C. General Assembly.
The newsletter, Paralegal Perspectives (formerly LAD News), offers
an index of its articles and CPE/CLE topics.
The Paralegal Division's website includes the following information:
Calendar - contains a listing of Division Council meeting dates, Division Annual meeting dates, and other Section-related events dates, locations, times, and event descriptions.
Continuing Paralegal Education/Continuing Legal Education (CPE/CLE) - contains division-specific Continuing Paralegal Education/Continuing Legal Education (CPE/CLE) information including upcoming programs and publications when available.
Governance - contains the Paralegal Division's governing documents including the purpose statement and bylaws.
Join/Renew - contains online application form for the Paralegal Division and Paralegal Student Membership.
Leadership - contains information from the division's leadership including the division officers, division council, committee chairs, and meeting minutes when available.
ListManager – is a communication tool that offers its members the opportunity to post suggestions, comments or questions to a large number of people at the same time.
Newsletters - contains the division's newsletters, which may be password-protected as determined by the division leadership.
Resources - contains division-specific legal resources including access to Fastcase® / PJI, online links / references, publications (e.g., forms, brochures, booklets, etc.), articles, legislative issues, and other information when available.
NCBA - Information about the North Carolina Bar Association's leaders, staff contacts, map/driving tools, and links to other sections, divisions as well as NCBA's home page.